Wednesday, October 24, 2007

what i really want in life

What I've wanted in life and the goals I want to accomplish have changed over the years of my life and there's a chance that they may change again, but as of now, I know roughly, what I want for myself. First of all, I of course want to finish college. This means obviously four years or so left. the major I'm going for is Social Work because I've been through a lot in my life and I've learned how to get through some tough times, and I want to help other people with their problems. especially those who cant help themselves. If I can get enough money though, I want to go for my Masters so it'll broaden my job choices and payment amount. As of now i of course live in the dorms, but by the beginning of next year i will be getting an apartment with my boyfriend. When my college life is over with then it'll be time for some change. im not going to rush myself but i want to eventually move somewhere that has a need for social workers. so i'll apply online for jobs all over the US. hopefully i will get a few job offers back and then it'll be time for me to decide where i want to go. As of now i dont have a certain state, city or county that i prefer to move to, so i'll make my decision on how far away i want to move, what kind of area i'd be moving to, the type of jobs i could get there, and a lot of other things. but i do hope to move me and my boyfriend to a different state besides wisconsin or minnesota. i want to work in Child and Family Services because i love working with kids and teens and they are the one's i want to help the most. my dream is to work with the government because they offer great jobs and also provide a lot of benefits for you. even though i dont have everything exactly planned out out in my life i know i will do great and find the job thats right for me. the only other thing i want is, after im settled in and have a good paying job, to have a family of course.

No comments: