Monday, November 12, 2007

names and nicknames

To start off, nicknames that have been given to me are : Laney, Shaloon or Shaloony, Shalaney, and a few other similiar ones. These were given to me by both friends and family members. But I can't say why they have given me those nicknames because I'm not them, but they basically just took a part of my name and added something on to it that makes it fun to say. I have nicknames for a lot of my friends though, some are just shortened parts of their name and some of the nicknames don't have anything to do with their name. Their's my friend Christina who I call 'Tina' just because I cut off the first part of her name and it's easy to say and remember. Just like my friend Samantha who of course is called 'Sam', this time just cutting off the end of her name. Or Mitchel, who we all call Mitch. And sometimes the nicknames are from changing around their last name. Like my two friends who are brothers and both have the last name Paulson. We call one of them Paulzy and one of them Peezy, just because it's different and fun to say. Sometimes it can even come from their middle name. Like my boyfriend's sister Samantha who everyone calls Jojo because her middle name is jo and she doesnt like her first name. But then Dan, who we all call 'Jose', is kind of tan and his favorite alchohol is Jose Cuervo, so the nickname was just made up from there. I also have a friend, Marissa, who is bigger and some of her friends nicknamed her 'Moose'. I don't refer to her as this because it's mean even though she doesn't care.
Nicknames are overall pretty cool and are fun to use if they arn't mean in any way.

No comments: